Yogi Bhajan, also known more formally as Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji, brought Kundalini Yoga to the United States in 1969.
Yogi Bhajan taught Kundalini Yoga, not as a religion, but as a method to claim one’s spiritual inheritance to health, happiness, and holiness.
Yogi Bhajan left his body in 2004.
His efforts to selflessly share the teachings continue to influence people from all walks of life.
The goal of “yoga” is to “yoke” or to unite one’s mind, body, and spirit with the Higher Universal Self.
Kundalini Yoga is a technology based on an understanding of the ecology of the human body. Hand positions (mudra), breath (pranayam), sound (mantra), posture (asana), movement, and meditation are specifically combined to invite phenomenal life-enhancing results.
Benefits of Yoga
Kundalini Yoga systematically awakens the “coiled up” energy at the base of the spine resulting in phenomenal life changing experiences. Benefits reported by Kundalini Yoga practitioners include:
- Greater connection with ‘higher consciousness’
- Rapid and profound realization of ‘spiritual purpose’
- Deepening harmony within one’s self and in relationship to others
- Reduced stress and greater health and well-being
- Alleviation of specific conditions associated with the body as well as the mind
- Optimal physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing and balance